The Smart Mushroom fARming with Internet of Things (SMART) project aims for the implementation of a Decision Support System (DSS) utilizing Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence techniques, which will enable costant monitoring of mushroom controlled area of mushroom crops along with the monitoring of ‘wild’ mushrooms for the extraction of useful data from and maximization of the yield and quality of the mushroom crops.
- Work unit 1 focuses on the identification of requirements and conditions for the optimization of the mushroom production procedure along with means for its realization through the utilization of Technologies Informatics and Communications (ICT) and more precisely via the innovative architecture proposed by SMART. Additionally this Work unit includes the definition of the required action for the realization of the project’s goals.
- Work unit 2 defines the required action for the development of a Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) which will be utilized for the real-time monitoring of specific parameters which affect the growth of the mushrooms crops and the probability of the mushroom disease occurrence.
- Work unit 3 focuses of the development of a monitoring system with the utilization of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for the monitoring of wild mushrooms. More specifically this Work unit includes the scheduling of flights of the UAVs along with the development of Computer Vision methods for the analysis of the images from the UAV flights, with the main goal being the extraction of useful information regarding wild mushrooms.
- Work unit 4 main goal is the consolidation and refinement of the SMART architecture components towards the creating of a Decision Support System (DSS).
- Work unit 5 comprises of experimental and evaluation procedures on the Decision Support System (DSS). The experimnetal procedures will be held in the controlled environment of the ΑΓΡΟΣ ΤΗΣ ΠΙΝΔΟΥ company and environments where wild mushrooms are reported to grow, aiming for the verification and optimization of the proposed mechanisms.