SMART project goals
- Development of a monitoring system for mushroom crops with the use of Internet of Things (IoT) technology, data analysis techniques and Machine Learning. The monitoring system will be responsible for the constant monitoring of pH, ambient temperatures, moisture and CO2 content of the controlled mushroom crops. Another main purpose of the monitoring system is the timely detection and diagnosis of fungus diseases, aiming for the quickest action against it.
- Development of a system responsible for monitoring wild mushrooms with the use of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) along with Computer Vision techniques and Machine Learning. Main purpose of this system will be the information extraction and the classification of wild mushrooms.
- Transfer of the collected information from the IoT sensors and the UAVs on Cloud Computing infrastructures for immediate access and proccessing.
- Consolidation of the components of the SMART architecture toward the creation of a Decision Support System (DSS) with the support of mobile computing applications.
- Demonstrations of the DSS at the “ΤΣΙΑΡΣΙΩΤΗΣ ΧΡΗΣΤΟΣ – ΑΓΡΟΣ ΤΗΣ ΠΙΝΔΟΥ” controlled mushroom crops, for the maximization of the crop yield.
- Demonstrations of the DSS at non-controlled areas, aiming at the monitoring, extraction of data and classification of wild mushrooms.
- Reduction of the use of agricultural funds for environmental protection.
- Strengthening the region of Western Macedonia, where the “ΤΣΙΑΡΣΙΩΤΗΣ ΧΡΗΣΤΟΣ – ΑΓΡΟΣ ΤΗΣ ΠΙΝΔΟΥ” crops are located, as a role model for Smart Farming and Precision Agriculture applications.